Units of Competency:
PUAFIR308A Identification, maintenance and Use of Personal Protection Equipment
PUAFIR306A Render Hazardous Materials Incident Safe
Who Should Attend: Any staff who may be required to address hazardous material spills.
Underpinning knowledge and skills that need to be demonstrated in order to satisfy the competency:
- Identify and handle hazardous materials
- Implement appropriate operating procedures
- Comply with relevant legislation
- Demonstrate safe work practices
- Assist to establish incident control
- Contain and recover hazardous materials
- Undertake decontamination procedures
All course presenters are are certified trainers with Certificate IV Workplace Training & Assessment qualification and are present or retired professional operational fire fighters.
Our training alliance partner is a member of the Fire Protection Association of Australia